BECOME A CONTRIBUTORI love the melting pot of voices that are shared here on Progressive Pioneer. I'd like to expand that sharing beyond just the comments to feature regular contributions from readers. If you have something to share, that you think Progressive Pioneers would be interested in, I'd love to hear about it! Please consider things that are uplifting, inspiring, useful, positive, and beautiful and that will make this lovely world of ours better for having shared it. I can't guarantee that all submissions will be posted, but I'll definitely let you know if yours is going up! For those that are posted, the author's name and website will be listed at the top of the post.
Here are some ideas for things to write about:
- DIY projects
- Recipes (whole foods, no refined sugar, no white flour please)
- Making something instead of buying it
- Home schooling
- Raising children
- Natural Health, particularly maternal and children's health
- Homesteading, urban farming: how-tos, stories, tips etc.
- Holidays and traditions
- Knitting, sewing, building, quilting, painting, silk screening etc.
- Anything you think we would like to hear about!
Here are a few tips:
- Keep your writing simple, succinct, positive and cheerful. Funny doesn't hurt either :)
- You don't have to be a professional photographer (I'm not!), but make your photos as pretty and professional as possible. If this isn't your strong suit, enlist the help of a friend! The Flickr commons also has photos for the sharing, as does the site Stock.xchng. Both are great resources. Please make sure to credit your sources!
- Proof read. proof reed; poof raed!!!
- Skim through the archives, or do a search for the topic you plan on writing about to make sure it hasn't been covered. It's definitely okay to revisit topics, but just take a fresh angle.
- Your content doesn't have to be original. If you have a post from your blog, that you think would be a good fit here, by all means submit it!
Please email images for your post before leaving this page. Submissions without images won't be posted.
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I can't wait to read them!