Friday is the first day of summer but it feels like we've been in full swing for at least a month! We've been cramming picnics, farm trips, shorts and tees, lemonade, butterfly catching, gardening and every bit of summer fun we can into every sunny day we've had so far. What have YOU been up these sunshiney days?
- Science class is still awesome. Last week we had eight kids and it was a little crazier than normal, but still fun:) I'm thinking we may try the same model for an in-home art class in the fall.
- I signed the kids up for Kiwi Crate and can't wait for our first box to arrive, and I'm thinking about this science-project-of-the-month one too.
- We're going to Maine for three weeks at the end of the summer, can't wait!! I daydream about the beach every single day!
- We'll be at the SLC Farmer's Market almost every week for the rest of the summer (not this weekend though), so come say hello if you're around! OH! And we're giving away an awesome serving board!!
- Clay's little brother is staying with us for the summer and helping Clay in the shop. The kids are thrilled to have him around:) (Did you know Sam is named after him? And after the great grandpa that he was named after.)
- I planted lemon grass in my herb garden!
- I'm trying Sam gluten-free for the next month or so to see if it helps with mood swings...
- Speaking of mood swings, I'm finding this book very interesting. Oh, and unrelated, loving this book:)
- Even though we're going to Maine, a girlfriend and I are thinking of taking another trip in the fall for THIS. Some of my best childhood memories happened there:)
I'll pop in again soon to say hello. Hope you're having a wonderful summer!