I've been thinking and thinking about all of you and the blog as it's languished here for these past few months. My last post was before Christmas!! So, I wanted to pop in and say hello, see what's new with you (some of you regular commenters, I got to look forward to your comments so much, and I miss them!). So, I don't really have a cohesive post planned or anything, but here's a glimpse into what's been happening in our home these past few months:
- Christmas came and went with lots of time spent with family (at the cabin (above) and then at our home in January for a second Christmas when my parents flew out from Maine). We enjoyed some of our regular traditions, though not our Mary and Joseph dinner since we were up at the cabin. I did write about it for Edible Wasatch though and am excited to use this cook book next year!
- I didn't make any New Year's goals. I'm still plugging away on this list and figured that was enough for now:) This alarm clock is helping immensely with the getting up earlier thing, except for those mornings when Vivian ends up in my bed. Then it becomes a toss up between getting up with a two year old and not really getting anything productive done, or convincing her to snuggle back down with me and us both sleeping in and still not getting anything productive done. We generally opt for the latter:)
- Speaking of Vivian, she's finally done nursing at 2 1/2. I'm kind of sad, but I also appreciate having my body be my own for the first time in nearly five years! I've been pregnant or nursing that entire time!!
- I put Sam in a three mornings a week preschool this month. And... the verdict is still out. I won't say much about it for now. We're giving it a few weeks for the normal newness to wear off so he can give it a fair evaluation. But, the truth is, in the back of my mind I have already been brainstorming other ideas, mostly involving homeschooling co-ops... You guys, it's so challenging figuring out the very best educational fit for your kids! Or is it just me...?
- I've been using this cookbook a ton. There aren't as many veg-based dishes as I'd like, so we intersperse some favorite plant-based recipes. But seriously, I turn to this one ALL the time because the recipes are so tasty and honestly, super fast. Oh, and I have a crush on this cookbook :)
- So, we finally re-launched the Ivory Bill website with the help of our talented friends at Punchline and White Rabbit. The lovely Ashley Thalman did the photos. What do you think? We're super excited about it!! (You can keep up with all the new and exciting stuff HERE :)
- Speaking of the new website, that's basically been where all my blogging mojo has been going as of late. A girl can only blog so much, so if you're in the mood for some Progressive Pioneer-type writing, at least anything related to food, families and furniture, you can find it HERE.
- Okay, one last thing about Ivory Bill. Remember the Table for All Seasons? The one that Clay meticulously documented the construction of in these three posts? Well, everything has its season... We've decided to move one of the tables from the new Ivory Bill line into our dining room and sell the other table(!). I know! I'm sort of shocked myself! Honestly, part of the reason is practical. I'll be doing a lot of blog posts that involve pictures from our dining room and we didn't want to feature a table that isn't actually for sale. Our table now is one-of-a-kind, so we figured it would be better to have one of the new ones that people can actually buy, in the pictures. But, since it's four years old we're selling it at a reeeally good price. So, if anyone's been looking for the perfect family table....
- Clay and I contributed to Taproot- twice! I don't think I mentioned that here before. But Clay has an illustration in the upcoming winter issue and the last one. And I have an article in the upcoming issue! Clay is also involved with a special project that I'm not sure if I'm supposed to mention yet... but we're very excited about it! We love the magazine and are so thrilled to be a part of it.
- We made a Master Plan! I'm super excited about this one! (I love lists!) We basically mapped out where we want to be by 2015 and then broke it down into monthly goals. We've got big goals like paying off our student loans, selling the house, having another baby(!), and then some personal goals like taking an overnight trip for our anniversary (a first for us!) and leaving the kids with grandma and grandpa, doing more family camping etc. I've even worked in when I want to get a new vacuum:) I seriously geek out about lists. Is anyone else an extreme list maker? I can't tell you how happy they make me.
- Huxton is growing up to be a very nice dog. He's very smart and has learned most of the tricks and commands. His only flaw is that he is TERRIBLE about jumping all over people when they come to the door. Seriously, if anyone has any tips, I would be so grateful. Once we fix that, he will be the perfect dog:) Here he is snuggling with Vivian's stuffed dog, Peachy.
- I've started doing freelance copywriting for Sundance. If you get their catalog, look for my writing in their spring catalog! I really love the work; it's been one of my favorite jobs. It's super flexible so I can write at night or sometimes Clay stays home with the kids and I go write at our local library. It's a really fun creative outlet.
- I'm reading The Rent Collector and really loving it.
- Felted wool is taking over my studio. I've got a HUGE stack of wool squares cut out, ready to make a quilt... one of these days:)
So, that, in a nutshell, is what we've been up to. Now, tell me about YOU! What's new in this little network of like-minded folks that I've missed the last few months? I've kept up on my blog reading, just not the writing so much:) Any new blogs I need to know about? New babies? Businesses? Projects? I'd love to hear!!