If you're local, join Sam and I at the Salt Lake Acting Company for a performance of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie! We're so excited; this will be our second Mama/Son date to the theater. The SLAC is offering a discount on tickets for Progressive Pioneer readers . (Download Invitation) And of course, if you go to the play you ought to make some cookies! Or even if you don't go, you should probably make some anyway:) This recipe (and a lot of others on the site) look verrrry delicious.
Make a soft nativity set. And if you do, tell me all about it because it's been on my list for three years and I still don't know how I'm going to fit the project in before Christmas! Maybe it should be a summer project... Or maybe I should just buy this absolutely perfect one. Isn't it beautiful? (Also loving this one.)
Get all your Christmas wrapping stuff in order; it's one of those stress-inducing things if it's done last-minute (at least for me). Last year I sewed some cloth bags that we can reuse. They were really simple and I'll probably whip up a few more this year (if I have time!). Here are a few more ideas:
- Old maps (surely you have out-of-date gazetteer; I'm positive we do.)
- Wearable wrapping like scarves; it's two gifts in one, what's in the gift and what it's wrapped in!
- Recycled, biodegradable wrapping paper that can be planted!
- The Sunday funnies; this is so old school, it's classy!
- Your kids' art (we often use Sam's paintings and drawings from a big pad of newsprint for wrapping paper and thank you cards).
- Recycled plastic bag bows.
Have a wonderful weekend!
PS There will be two more Secret Santa Saturday posts up tomorrow!